Nearing the end of class 66 orders, production was shifted to Muncie in the USA. This change carried with it some subtle differences that we can see on this model. Named ‘Severn Valley Railway’ in 2016, it can be seen here with the current day ‘europorte’ branding removed.
Our Class 66 model is based on the award winning ‘accura-standard’ platform, with all-wheel powered six-axle bogies, a powerful twin flywheel fitted motor and market leading electronics package.
Highly detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2 scale
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
- Die-cast metal chassis.
- RP25-110 profile OO wheels
- Separately applied etched metal/plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers, etc.
- Scale width wire handrails
- Full underframe tank detail with brackets and pipework
- Fully sprung buffers, factory-fitted pipework and screw couplings (for display)
- Dummy knuckle couplers fitted where relevant
- Kinetic NEM coupler mounts at correct height and mini-tension-lock couplers
- “Easi-mag” lift off roof panel to access the decoder and DC light switches
- PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
- Customised Dual-Speaker Technology with large ‘Accurathrash’ Style Bass Speaker and smaller ‘iphone’ style cube for higher frequencies (on DCC Sound-fitted models only)
- Hall sensor for flange squeal effect (on DCC Sound-fitted models only)
- DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
- DCC ready [21-Pin MTX Socket] or Factory-Fitted DCC Sound options
High Performance Traction features
- Five-Pole motor with two flywheels
- Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve minimum scale top speed of 75 mph (120kph)
- All wheel drive and all wheel pickup Fully detailed Lighting Pack features
- Directional lighting, DC and DCC
- Switchable Red and white marker lights with day/night options
- Separately switched cab lighting, auto/off on movement